Clinique Black Honey Velvet

Monday, July 26

Hello, all! I know I've been AWOL for a little while, sorry about that! I so did not mean to not post for so long.

This was a request from KarenD. I just wish my nails weren't so wonky looking in these pictures! The color is accurate, though. I really need to remember to NOT use old topcoat on jelly polishes, or, really, any polish at all. It makes the finish of the polish look horrible and scuffed and just plain bad. Also, oy! I'm so sorry for the crazy tipwear. I couldn't find my camera charger, so I couldn't take pictures. But then I found it! But I'd already been wearing the polish for a few days. :\ Enough excuses, though! Onto the pictures!


I love this polish. It's a great vampy berry red that would be perfect for fall. It does sometimes seem to have slightly chocolatey undertones, but for the most part, it's a true vampy berry. 



I'm not quite sure when Clinique released this polish, but I do know they don't make it anymore and that when they did make it, it was a limited release and only in minis. (I could be wrong about that, though. This is just what I've found from various Google searches.) I bought my bottles on ebay, and ebay's the only place I've ever seen this polish for sale. I just checked, and there's currently one bottle for sale at the time of writing this post. Honestly, though, this color is pretty dupeable and there are many other polishes out there with better formula, too. Because the formula on this was..eh. It was okay. Not the best, but not the worst, either. This is three coats.