Double Review: Essie Mint Candy Apple and Zoya Richelle

Tuesday, January 5

Happy New Year! Yes, I know this is quite a few days late, but I just haven't had the time until now to post. Sorry about that! Actually, things are going to be crazy these next few days. I'm starting my second semester at the university tomorrow. I also have a little party happening on Friday, and then Saturday's my birthday. So, yeah, this week is going to be kind of hectic. Anyway, onto the review!

I know I promised to review Essie Mint Candy Apple, but, sadly, I had to delete my pictures before I could get them on my computer. Well, actually, it's not all that sad. They were horrible pictures. Definitely not color-accurate at all. I had to delete them, though, because I went on a scavenger hunt on New Year's Eve with a bunch of my friends, and I had to use my camera to take pictures and videos for the hunt. I had a blast. Probably one of the best New Year's parties I've been to.

Anyway, I guess I can just tell you my thoughts on MCA. The color is great. A very, very pale mint green with blue undertones. I can see this color in the spring, but it's also most definitely a winter color. There's something very cold and wintry about it. Super cute. However. Application was horrendous. The polish was thick, and it took forever to dry, even with a fast-dry top coat. I think I had to use four coats, and it still kind of looked like crap, especially around the cuticle area. It just..wasn't good. The color was pretty, though, so I'll try it again at some point, and possibly get some pictures into this post for it.

Okay, now for Richelle. This was my New Year's mani. I absolutely love this color. It's a bright, shimmery, in-your-face gold. A bit ostentatious, really. But in the best way possible. It's probably the goldest gold I've ever seen, though. Some golds can be a bit yellowy or even a bit silver or bronze. But no. This is GOLD. Application was great, too. I want to say I did three coats. I probably could have gotten away with two, but I always do three, just to be safe. I bought this polish during the Green Friday madness. Originally it was going to be my Christmas color, but when I saw it, I just knew I had to use it for New Year's. I know gold polish isn't for everyone, but I love it. In 11th grade I had a bit of an obsession, trying to find the best gold. I never did find it then. But now I think I have. It's perfect, and, in my opinion, really works with my skin tone. Here are a few pictures:


Both picture are with flash, indoors. See just how shiny it is? It's definitely got that foil effect going on.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Richelle looks gorgeous! I had troubles with MCA too, I actually put just a drop or two of a polish restorer in it and it made a world of difference.

Jean said...

I'm thinking I'll probably have to do that the next time I try MCA. I'm hoping it'll fix it.