Review: Milani Key Lime Shine

Saturday, January 9

Today is my birthday! It's been an excellent day, full of browsing through a massive antique mall, visiting my favorite vintage store, and eating a delicious lunch of fish tacos from a little California-style Mexican restaurant we have in town that uses all-natural and organic ingredients.

For my birthday, I originally was going to use Revlon Sublime Strawberry. However, it just would. Not. Dry. It was so frustrating. I'm going to have to try it again when I have more time/patience. Well, since I didn't have much time to redo my nails after attempting Sublime Strawberry twice, I knew I needed something that would dry quickly. First I reached for Orly Iron Butterfly, but changed my mind, deciding it wasn't quite festive enough. I finally settled on Milani Key Lime Shine, and I'm so happy I did.

Key Lime Shine is a pretty metallic light green that really reads more as a silver with a light green tinge. It's quite frosty, but it didn't really bother me, because the brushstrokes weren't too terribly obvious. Coverage is absolutely amazing. Two coats, one coat Poshe. I actually could have only done one coat of polish, but I'm a bit OCD about that sort of thing, and had to do two, for sanity's sake. However, it does not wear well. I painted them yesterday afternoon, and by 10:00 tonight, it was peeling off in strips. Alas. It was still a wonderful polish to wear for my birthday, though.



My skin color looks all crazy in both of these pictures. It's just the lighting. The color of the polish is pretty much spot-on, though.
Also, my first "week" of classes went pretty well. My classes are going to be hard, but they're all required, so I might as well get them over with, right? They should all be pretty interesting, though. For the most part, anyway. I'll probably have changed my mind about this when I've got three papers due on the same week, haha.

3 comments:

Paige said...

That is a lovely polish; happy birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Very nice, nice color!!!

And happy Birthday!

Jean said...

It really is quite pretty. And thank you both for the birthday wishes!