Review: OPI La Paz-itively Hot and Diamond Cosmetics mini-haul.

Saturday, January 23

I put this on on Thursday night. I wasn't really feeling this color when I first put it on. I even thought about taking it off and replacing it with something darker. It was about one in the morning, though, so I decided I'd just leave it. I'm happy I did. I actually really, really like it. At first, I wasn't sure if it worked with my skintone. I think it does, though.

La Paz-itively Hot is bright fuchsia with a subtle blue-violet flash. Really ostentatious and pretty. Application was so-so. Fairly streaky, but I managed to even it out. I did two coats, because I knew I wouldn't be going in public this weekend, so I wasn't really concerned about VNL, of which there is quite a bit. Three coats probably would have fixed this, but whatever. As pretty as this is, I still want to try the matte version. It looks awesome.

Oh, and I apologize for the horrible cleanup job. Like I said, I wasn't going out in public this weekend, so I didn't really take the time to make this look amazing, haha.

All pictures taken with flash, indoors. I apologize for the huge chip in my index finger in the last picture and the chip on my thumb, but I had to take the picture. This polish perfectly matches my Cheshire Cat pillowcase! I love it.

On another note, my Diamond Cosmetics order came today! I was shocked to find it in my mailbox, because according to FedEx, it wasn't going to be here until Tuesday. Actually, FedEx has been weird throughout this whole shipping process. For some reason, my package shipped from its origin point in south Florida, to Orlando, Florida, to Atlanta, then to here. I live in Florida. I don't see why it had to bypass me by hundreds of miles, only to come right back this way. Oh, well. It's here now! These colors are so, so pretty. I want to wear them all right now, but I'm not going to, because I already decided on wearing SOPI Brainiac for next week, and I don't want to have one of these beauties on for only one day.

3 comments:

Paige said...

I love the colors you picked out from DC!

Jean said...

Thank you! I can't wait to try them out. I'm thinking Chainmail Charm first, but I don't know. It's so hard to choose! At least I have a week to figure it out, haha.

Nicole said...

I think I only have this as a mini - which are notoriously hard to apply. I have seen the swatches of the matte - it does look gorgeous! I held off though, I didn't really want any of the mattes that much.
Good choices on Diamond Cosmetics! They make such pretty shades.