Review: OPI Sea? I Told You!

Saturday, January 16

Last night I went to see Avatar in 3-D. It was absolutely amazing. Sure, the story's been told before: Man from outside world becomes one of the natives, falls in love with the chief's daughter, chaos ensues, and they must save the people. However, it was done in a way that was new and fresh, and, really, it was beautiful. Everything about the movie was beautiful. I really don't see how you would even be watching the same movie if you didn't see it in 3-D, though. The 3-D is integrated so well that it becomes essential in order to have a complete movie-watching experience.

This isn't a movie-review blog, so moving right along! I wanted to paint my nails blue, to match the Na'vi. I honestly don't have many blues in my collection, but I remembered I had OPI Sea? I Told You! in my untried pile, so I reached in there and grabbed it. I'm so happy I did. This color is absolutely gorgeous. It's a beautiful aquamarine with blue-green microshimmer (Not glitter. This is most definitely shimmer. EDIT: Okay, this was actually micro-microglitter. When I went to remove it, it got really rough, and was a bit difficult to remove. Not as hard as with regular glitter, but more difficult than with a standard shimmer polish.), and it actually has a bit of a foil finish. Application was amazing, though the formula was a little thin. I think I did three coats to get perfect coverage. And then, of course, one coat of Poshe to really bring out the shimmer.

This polish is from the Sunbelievable Collection, I believe. I also have Banana Bandanna from this collection, which I'll try eventually.

This polish is so difficult to photograph, though. It was practically impossible to capture just how pretty this polish is. Most of the pictures really showed the foil effect, but none would show the shimmer! These two pictures are the closest to actual polish color. (Both taken indoors, with flash.)

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Love it! I did the same thing. I saw avatar last night in 3d and when I woke up this morning I did opi Teal the cows come home, and I think it also looks like the skin.

Paige said...

I have this color and I love it! I also loved Avatar, it was such a great movie!

Unknown said...

Love the blue - and I LOVED Avatar too!!!! It was so amazing!!!