Triple review, oh my.

Saturday, February 13

I'm still attempting to catch up on all the posts I promised. I've still got..four? polish reviews left, and one product review. It'll be nice to be all caught up!

First up: Nina Ultra Pro Sailor
This polish..The color is beautiful. Application was great. Wear, however, was not. It started chipping almost right away, and didn't stop until I finally took it off (on the third day). I think the topcoat is to blame in this case, though. I was running low on Poshe, so I was trying to use it sparingly, and then, stupid me, put a polish lid on the Poshe bottle. A yellow polish lid. So, as you can imagine, that was disastrous. There was yellow in my topcoat! It was horrible. So I had to revert back to Seche Vite, which I barely had any of. It just..it was a disaster. That's also why these nails look all scratched and dull and, well, crappy. Let this be a lesson for you all! Always have a good bottle of topcoat on hand! Topcoats work wonders. This polish is also insanely difficult to photograph. None of the pictures were turning out color-accurate! The second one is probably the closest, though. I think. It's just this great true navy that's navy in every light.


Second: Orly Iron Butterfly
I did this polish at night, at about 10:00 PM. I needed something that would dry quickly, since I was exhausted from a long day at the university. I like this color. It had a nice edge to it, while still being pretty. I wasn't blown away by it, though. Application was good, this was, I think, two coats. It was pretty much opaque in one coat, though. Wear time, as with most mattes, was not so great. I think it lasted a little over a day. Anyway, onto the pictures. This first picture is pre-cleanup, two coats, no topcoat. Since my nails look so horribly messy, I decided to use my bottle of Le Petit Prince EDT, to add a little bit of cute into the picture and to detract from my messy nails, haha. I ended up adding a topcoat (Iron Butterfly with topcoat is the second picture), though, because I was going to a facial the next day and in that process, my hands get covered in lotion and then put into these little hand warmer things. Lotion would have ruined the matte finish of this polish.

And lastly: Zoya Envy
Great, great color. Sort of a mossy, dark green. In a way, it reminded me of pool algae. Is that weird? It was a bit darker than I had anticipated, but it was still pretty. It only really showed up as green in certain lights, though, which was a bit of a bummer. Application was nice, and it was opaque in two coats. Wear was not so great, but I blame this on lack-of-good-topcoat, once again. With this polish, I was actually using Orly Sec 'N' Dry, which I really do not like. It definitely did not dry my polish quickly. At all. I'm probably just going to end up using it for my toes, because I really don't want to waste it. It also seriously dulled the shininess of this polish, and made it get scuffed really easily. I'm so happy I got my hands on a new bottle of Poshe on Thursday. Also, I only have one picture of this polish, and it's a bit blurry. I was in a hurry when I was taking these pictures, and didn't realize they were all horrible until it was too late. This picture is pretty color-accurate, though. Oh, and one other thing. This polish STAINED. Seriously, staining was horrific. My nails, my fingers, everything was mossy green. And I used a basecoat! I just don't get it.


Woohoo! I'm almost caught up! I'm really sorry for the lack of posts this past month. Things have been crazy here! It's getting better, though, so hopefully posting will be back to normal soon.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Ooo, those are gorgeous!

Kitty said...

Oooo I really like the navy!