Triple Review: One Hair Biscuit solid shampoo, One Hair Boost solid conditioner, and One Nighty-Nite After Shower Skin Conditioner.

Saturday, March 6

Earlier this week, Recessionista! at Nouveau Cheap alerted everyone to all-new bath and body products at Target (click here and here for her posts on the new products). Included are Kings & Queens bath and body products, Savour bath and body products, and One bath and body products. I was able to head over to Target yesterday and check them out and let me just say: They're all AMAZING. Everything smelled so, so good. I came home with a Kings & Queens mini set that has five of their favorite shower gels in it (Review on this coming soon. But let me just say, they're awesome. They really are.), One Hair Biscuit solid shampoo, One Hair Boost solid conditioner, and One Nighty-Nite After Shower Skin Conditioner. Let me just say, I could not wait to take a shower last night, haha.

Let's start off with the solid shampoo. I've been searching for a solid shampoo for quite some time, mainly because I was curious. My Target had two One solid shampoos to choose from, Squeaky Clean (for oily hair), and Hair Biscuit (for yummy looking hair). Now, my hair really isn't that oily, (In fact, it's quite the opposite. It can get kind of weird with certain products, though.) so I went with the Hair Biscuit. Now, "yummy looking hair" can mean many things. Does it add volume? Does it add shine? What? And there's not really a description on the back of the container about the product. I decided to give it a go anyway, though. First impression: the scent is amazing. It's sort of clovey and warm, but not overpowering. It has a distinct scent, but it's just really natural and pretty. I wish One would give a list of what their ingredients mean by "Fragrance," though.

Okay, onto usage. Now, I've never used a solid shampoo before, so I wasn't exactly sure how to do it. According to the directions on the back of the container, you get your hair wet, then run the circular bar over your head about four times, lather it up, and rinse it out. Lather with this shampoo is amazing. It felt so good, and it actually soaped up really well. The directions don't say to repeat, but I did anyway, since I always do.

Next, I got out the solid conditioner. The scent on this, as my mother put it, is like "cloves with a bit of bubblegum." This is pretty accurate. The bubblegum smell isn't overpowering, though, and once it goes on your head, it no longer really smells like bubblegum. Once again, I'd love to know what "Fragrance" means. I like to know what my hair smells like. Usage on this one was pretty similar to the shampoo, except, obviously, this goes on second. Just rub over your hair, work it through, and rinse it out. Now, I hardly ever use conditioner. Like I said above, my hair can get kind of crazy with the wrong shampoo or conditioner, so I really was going out on a limb with these. If the conditioner is too creamy or two moisturizing or whatever, my hair will get limp and oily. It's strange. The formula of this solid conditioner was quite nice, though. It was creamy, but not overly so.

I love both the shampoo and the conditioner. I let my hair air dry last night, and this shampoo and conditioner gave my hair—my pin-straight hair—waves. Waves! Pretty, soft waves. And my hair is so soft today. These products didn't weigh it down whatsoever, and I don't seem to have any buildup that can sometimes happen with certain shampoos or conditioners. I don't quite have the volume that I normally like, but that can be fixed by adding a little product to my hair after I get out of the shower. What's also really great about the solid shampoo and conditioner is that each of the little round bars contains the same amount of product as three 8-oz. bottles. And all of the packaging is recyclable, which I love also.

I did my normal shower routine, then got out, finished up my face routine, and then got out the skin conditioner. This bar is made specifically to be used after a shower or bath, right before bedtime. It has a great lavender scent that isn't too heavy, as lavender can sometimes be. Basically, you rub this bar all over, focusing on dry areas, and it is supposed to moisturize your skin overnight, and the scent is meant to relax you and help you ease into sleep. Oh, and the scent..oh my word. I felt like curling up in a blanket and just inhaling this scent forever. It was so, so nice. The formula of the bar was great, too. Creamy but solid, but not so solid that it couldn't glide on properly. According to the One website, they have one other bar, meant solely for moisturizing. Overall, I love this thing. I absolutely love it.

I'm so happy with my experience with this new (to me) brand. Their products are natural, eco-friendly, and high-quality, all for a great price. The solid shampoo was, if I remember correctly, about $6.99, as was the solid conditioner. I feel like the skin conditioner bar was about the same.

Click here to find out more about One Bath and Body.


(All pictures from http://www.onebathandbody.com/. I was unable to get proper photos of my products, and all the photos on their website are accurate to what the actual product looks like.)

(EDIT: Yeah..I originally (ACCIDENTALLY) wrote that I hardly ever use shampoo. Let me fix that (just in case you've already read my post and noticed that glaring error). I hardly ever use CONDITIONER. I most definitely always use shampoo, hahah.)

12 comments:

G. said...

Ooooh, thank you SO much for the shout-out, and what a wonderful review! As if I wasn't tempted before to get some of these products! Now I MUST buy them! Thanks so much for all the great info--I'll definitely put a link on my blog to your post. It's wonderful! :)

Skulda said...

Very neat. I've never heared of solid shampoos and conditioners before, but I will keep my eyes open as we do not have Targets in B.C.

sarahloo said...

this review excited me! I've never tried solid shampoos or conditioners, but this is going on my list of neat things to buy. I'm a sucker for packaging & these look so lovely!

Jean said...

Recessionista!: You're welcome! Thank you so much for telling me about them! You definitely need to go pick some up. Also, I remember you mentioned how you wanted the lip balm in your post. I forgot to say this in the post, but each product comes with a little card telling you to go to their website and take their survey, and then you can get a free lip balm. I did the survey last night, and my lip balm is now on the way!

Skulda: They're such cool products. I'm so happy I finally have easy access to great, natural products. And no Targets really sucks! Target's one of my favorite stores, haha. I know that LUSH has solid shampoo bars, though. I've never tried theirs before, as I don't have any LUSH stores around me, and shipping is about 10 dollars, so I really can't order from them very often.

Saraloo: They're absolutely wonderful! I, too, am a sucker for packaging. Put it in a cute little vintage-looking tin and I'm all over it, haha.

G. said...

Ooooh, I just posted a link to your review on my site and I also included this wonderful news about the free lip balm deal. Fantastic!! Thank you SO much for letting me know!! :D

Nicole said...

I've been shopping at Wylde Ivy for a while online, and I love their products, but I've never tried their solid shampoo or conditioner. Now, you make me want to, I've never seen a review for a solid shampoo/conditioner before! My hair is weird, too - I tend to use leave in conditioners because a lot of times in shower conditioners weigh my hair down so badly - and give it the frizzies. So thank you!
And that bar lotion sounds divine. Another new one on me! I haven't been to Target yet but now I'm dying to go.

Anonymous said...

does the One solid shampoo contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate?

Jean said...

Anon: I wish I could answer that, but I no longer have the packaging from my products. Sorry! I highly doubt that it does, though, as it is 99% natural.

Jean said...

Actually, Anon, I was in Target today and checked the ingredients and found that they do, in fact, have sodium lauryl sulfate.

Anonymous said...

thanks for finding that out!

Jean said...

No problem. :]

Plumpsquisite said...

It looks like the packaging is totally plastic-free, right?