An Explanation.

Saturday, January 8

I've been trying to formulate this post for a while now. I felt I owed all of you an explanation as to why I basically just dropped off the face of the blogging world.

I'm going to be straight with you. Blogging became a chore. I wasn't having fun anymore, and I couldn't help but compare myself to the bloggers who post at least once every day. I saw how, in the great scheme of things, my blog was pretty insignificant. At first, I didn't really care. I had fun blogging! But then I was scrambling to make a post every day or at least three times a week, and it was wearing me out. I had school, I had a social life, I had other interests.

Now, that's not to say I will never return to blogging. I might, someday. But for now, I'm taking a step back. I've met some amazing people while blogging, and I hope I can still keep in contact with them, but I've even been absent on twitter for over a month now.

Nail polish was becoming repetitive and dull, too. I would walk into a store and see the new polish and think, "I have that at home." Nothing was grabbing me anymore. Nothing was interesting. I mean, sure, there were a few gems in the past few months (OPI Burlesque and China Glaze Awakening come to mind), but mostly I just wasn't interested.

I feel bad about doing this, because, in a way, it feels like I'm betraying the blogging world. But why should I do something like this when it isn't fun for me anymore? I started this blog as a fun little expedition to do to take my mind off of school for a while. But that's just not the case anymore.

I hope you're all doing well, and hopefully I'll be back to blogging someday, even if I'm not blogging about nail polish.

- Jean