Review: China Glaze Frostbite

Wednesday, December 16

I'm back! The wisdom teeth thing went smoothly, I'm told. No complications or anything. The only pain I've been having is on the lower left extraction site, but I was told this was going to happen, since they had to cut some things to get that tooth out. My face is still a bit swollen, and I've been having a fever on and off, along with nausea, but it's nothing I can't handle. Anyway, on to the review!

Yesterday I was feeling up to getting out of bed, and decided I would paint my nails to cheer myself up. I looked through all my untrieds, and I knew I wanted to do something bright but still wintry. Enter China Glaze Frostbite. Oh, man, this polish is a stunner. I don't think I've ever owned any polish this blue. Seriously. It's just like, "BAM!" It's a true, primary blue. To me, it seems to have a bit of that foil effect. Or, really, what it reminds me of are those curly ribbons that go on gifts. You know which ones I'm talking about. They're metallic and the ribbon comes in a roll and you have to curl it with scissors? Well, anyway, that's what this polish reminds me of, and I absolutely love it. Application was great. Three coats polish, one coat Seche Vite. I probably could have gotten away with two coats, but I always like doing three, just to be safe. On with the pictures! By the way, this polish is extremely hard to capture. Many of the pictures kept leaning more teal, which was really weird. These three seem to accurately capture the gorgeousness of this blue, though.

(Indoors, no flash, natural light)

(Indoors, no flash, artificial light)
(Indoors, no flash, artificial light)