Review: Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl and mall haul.

Thursday, January 21

This is my first Sinful Colors polish. I actually bought it over a month ago, but I never got around to swatching it.

Daddy's Girl is a really pretty dark blurple (purple-blue) jelly with purplish magenta glitter. Application was just okay. It was insanely sheer, and took about four coats to get it to a decent level of opaqueness. Wear was not good, though. I started getting tipwear on the second day, and it's been chipping a bit around my cuticles since day one. It's pretty, though! It's a fun color, and I really enjoyed wearing it.

Gah. My cuticles are horrible. I really, really apologize for this. They've been destroyed by this crazy weather we've been having. And these pictures are horrible, too. My hands look orange! The lighting in my bathroom has been all wonky lately, so I am blaming the horrible pictures/orange hands/awful pictures on that. These pictures were as close to color-accurate as I could get. This polish is seriously impossible to photograph.

I went to the mall today to shop for birthday presents for my brothers (One has a birthday tomorrow; the other's birthday is on Tuesday.), and sort of got a bit sidetracked, haha. I went into Trade Secret to see if they had gotten the Alice in Wonderland collection yet, and they had! They were all out of Mad as a Hatter, though. I put my name on a list to be called when they get more in, though. I did pick up Absolutely Alice, though. Based on pictures I had seen, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I do! It's so pretty.

(Oy. I apologize for my horrible counter. Daddy's Girl is pretty thin, so it was dripping off the brush like crazy. I haven't had a chance to clean it up yet. The gold you see is Zoya Richelle, from New Years. Heh, I haven't cleaned in a while.)

Trade Secret had also gotten Essie's spring collection, and I was going to get a few full-sized polishes from the collection, but I decided to get the little box instead. I think I am going to buy a full-sized bottle of Lilacism, though. And Van D'go. I wish this one had been in the box instead of Nouveau Red, but whatever.


I also stopped into Bath & Body Works, because I wanted to use the rest of my gift card from my birthday. I saw the Scent Bug on Linds' blog, Polish, Platforms, Perfume, and I decided to finally get it. I've been eyeing it for a while, but I was wary. I'm so glad I bought it! I got it up in black, and I got a bottle of Nectarine Mint home fragrance oil. It works really well, and the scent is nice and gentle. Not strong enough to overpower you, but strong enough that you can smell it. I love it, I really do. I think eventually I'm going to get the Eucalyptus Spearmint fragrance oil, and probably several more. (I forgot to take a picture. Sorry!)

Oh, and my (technically my mom's, but it's a birthday present, so it's mine, haha.) order from Lush came in today! It took forever, but I guess that's because it came all the way from Canada. I'll do a post on that tomorrow.

Oy, this post was long. I guess that's what happens when you don't do a real post in over a week, haha.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Gorgeous color!

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

Great colours! The Daddy's Girl is lovely! x

Velvet said...

Great looking polishes! Have fun with all your new polishes. Sounds like you've got lots of beauty and polishes to review for us. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on all of it.