Review: Cover Girl Candy Apple

Sunday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day/Singles Awareness Day! I am celebrating the latter, haha. I figured I might as well do something red for Valentine's, because, well, I love red nails. And it's an excuse to have them. Not like I really ever need an excuse to have red nails, but whatever.

This is Cover Girl Candy Apple. I honestly don't know when I bought this polish. At least two years ago, I'm sure. It's a great red with a slight hint of orange. I'm going to call it a creme, though it does look a little jelly-y. This was two coats, and it applied great. Honestly, for a brand that doesn't focus on nail polish, it was amazing. For some reason, though, when I went to apply the topcoat, some glitter started showing up on some nails. Now, I checked my topcoat brush before applying, and there wasn't any glitter on it. But this polish doesn't have any glitter in it. So I don't really know what's going on with that.

This is taken indoors, with flash. The pictures without flash turned out way too orange. This is almost identical to its actual color, though imagine it to be just a teensy bit brighter red.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day!

P.S., I'm all caught up on posting now! Finally! I hated being that behind, I really did.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the perfect red on your skin tone! Love it!

Velvet said...

Lovely red, it reminds me of the 40's or 50's.

SeeingSunshine said...

Such a great red. I love the bottles/brushes of that collection.

Cassidy said...

ah i love red nails . classic .
<3